Course Code: CHC22015Certificate II in Community Services
Are you a natural with providing guidance to people? Do you currently work or volunteer in a community services environment and don’t have the formal recognition? The Certificate II in Community Services is the qualification to give you the skills to help support the people around you.
Learn how to support individuals experiencing issues with alcohol or drugs, assist people in meeting their immediate needs such as providing shelter, providing short-term contact with individuals in a crisis situation and provide support with services such as catering and cleaning.
Learning MethodBlended / Classroom / Online / Workplace
DurationThis course can be completed in 6 – 12 months
RTO'sThis course is delivered by Kirana’s Registered Training Organisation Kirana Training Pty Ltd RTO ID 52247, Access Training Institute Pty Ltd RTO ID 91498, Insight Training Group Australia Pty Ltd RTO ID 32142.
The CHC22015 Certificate II in Community Services requires 9 units to successfully complete the course (5 core and 4 elective units).
After achieving this qualification, students may undertake:
- CHC33015 – Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing)
- CHC33015 – Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability)
- CHC33015 – Certificate III in Individual Support (Home and Community)
- BSB30415 – Certificate III in Business Administration
There are no entry requirements necessary to begin this qualification.
Student Selection Process
Kirana’s student selection process is designed to ensure that you are enrolled in the qualification that best meets your needs.
Kirana’s selection criteria will take into account various factors when deciding upon which students will be offered places in the program including;
- The students’ needs and desired outcomes
- The ability and commitment of the students to complete the course;
- Eligibility requirements listed in the applicable National Training Package;
- Students existing ability in the ACSF core skills, (learning, reading, writing, oral communication and numeracy)
Students not meeting these requirements will be directed to more suitable qualifications or skill development programs.
After completing this course you can pursue a career as a:
- Assistant community services worker
- Care Service Employee
- Contact officers
- Customer service staff
- Reception, Front desk staff
- Support Worker
|Unit Code||Unit Description|
|CHCCOM001||Provide first point of contact|
|CHCCOM005||Communicate and work in health or community services|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|HLTWHS001||Participate in workplace health and safety|
|BSBWOR202||Organise and complete daily work activities|
|Unit Code||Unit Description|
|CHCCDE003||Work within a community development framework|
|HLTINF001||Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures|
|CHCCCS020||Respond effectively to behaviours of concern|
|BSBCUS201||Deliver a service to customers|