Warehousing & Transport
Across Australia there is increasing demand and a skilled workforce shortage in the transport and warehousing sector.
With our increasing population and associated building and infrastructure development the need for transport and supporting warehouse workers is increasing exponentially with an annual increase of 2.6 per cent expected over the next year.
Kirana Colleges provides training for job roles in transport and warehousing positions in:
- Transport and Logistics Trainer/Assessor (including Driver Instructor/Trainer)
- Truck Drivers: Local Delivery Driver (M/R – H/R license); B Double Driver/General Freight (particularly interstate drivers)
- Taxi Driver
- Forklift Operator
- Transport/Logistics Manager (Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Inventory Management, Distribution Management)
- Transport/Logistics Supervisor/Scheduler/Analyst
- Warehouse Manager
Search a Course
A Certificate II in Driving Operations is the starting point for those interested in a driving operation role within the transport and logistics industry. Among the many theoretical and practical skills you will learn are safety techniques, loading and unloading of goods and communicating with customers. Consider this course to develop employability and technical skills in this industry.
Are you ready to take the next step in your driving career in the transport and logistics industry? Learn the theory and practice of how to undertake heavy vehicle operations and qualify to drive tankers. You will be able to pursue a career as a Line Haul Driver, Local Heavy General Freight Driver, Interstate Driver and more.
If you’re ready to take the next step in your warehousing operations career and are looking for a supervisory or leadership role in the industry, consider the TLI41816 Certificate IV in Warehousing Operations. This course will teach you how to provide a safe working environment, manage and mentor a team, develop customer service strategies and organise transport of freight. You will be able to pursue a career as a Warehouse Supervisor, Warehouse Leader, Site Supervisor and more.
- Up to
…the predicted 2018 Logistics industry workforce size. An increase of 5.7%.
The burgeoning Logistics, Transport and Warehousing industries provide a wealth of opportunity ahead. Here’s some of what is possible:
- Warehouse assistant
- Store person
- Warehouse supervisor
- Warehouse leader
- Site supervisor
- Storage facility supervisor
- Up to
PERCENT…forecast growth of the Road Freight sector in the next 20 years.
What Kirana Offers
- Access to industry leading VET Teachers who care about how you progress in the course
- Flexible learning options; study online, in class, blended, by correspondence or at your workplace
- You may be eligible for state and/or federal funding as a loan or a subsidy towards your course
- We have 7 learning campuses nationally for when you want to be inspired by like-minded students & trainers
- Some Kirana qualifications are part of a pathway to university and getting you degree ready
Let one of our Course and Careers Advisors help work out the best funding model based on your eligibility.